Monday, March 3, 2008


Shepard Smith (born David Shepard Smith, Jr. on January 14, 1964 in Holly Springs, Mississippi) is an American TV news anchor. He is host of The Fox Report with Shepard Smith and Studio B weekdays on the Fox News Channel. In addition, he anchors the 5:00 p.m. ET weekday news update on Fox News Radio, also titled the Fox Report.

Education
Smith chooses not to comment on his political views or his personal life; when asked in the June 2006 issue of Playboy, "What's your life like outside of work?", Smith replied, "I don't talk about it. I don't talk religion. I don't talk politics and I don't talk sex. Other than that, we're good to go." Playboy then asked, "Do you have a girlfriend?", Smith replied, "I don't talk about those things. I won't tell you what church I go to or whether I go."

Personal life

Shepard Smith Arrest for battery
On November 4, 2002, Smith accidentally invoked the slang sex term blow job during a live broadcast of his nightly Fox Report, causing himself considerable embarrassment. He was trying to say that pop star Jennifer Lopez's neighbors were "more likely to give her a curb job than a block party," but misspoke, stopping just short of saying the entire expression: "...more likely to give her a curb job than a blow jo-, er, bl-, block party". Smith immediately apologized to his viewers, and Fox executives indicated their belief that it was an innocent mistake.

No comments: